Psychiatric Disorders and Virtual Medication Management
Life can be messy, difficult and challenging….
Congratulations for working to take control of your life and seeking the professional help you need. But sometimes, managing life and complying with treatment plans and medication routines can seem overwhelming. Successful treatment requires a plan that you can manage and understand.
Medications are valuable tools in the management of psychiatric disorders. Anxiety, depression, bipolar and mood disorder and ADHD are all conditions that psychiatric medications can be helpful in treating.
- Anti-anxiety medications help with symptoms of panic, fear and worry.
- Anti-depressants are not only are prescribed to treat depression but are useful in the treatment of many other conditions including sleep disorders.
- Bipolar and mood disorder may be treated with medications that are mood stabilizers.
- Psychosis and schizophrenia are treated with antipsychotic medications which are also often used in conjunction with mood stabilizers to treat bipolar disorder.
- ADHD is frequently treated with stimulants and whether prescribed for youth or adults requires monitoring of potential side effects.
- Examples of psychiatric medications: Celexa – Generic Name: Citalopram; Lexapro –Generic Name: Escitalopram oxalate; Zoloft – Generic Name: Sertraline; Pristiq – Generic Name: Desvenlafaxine succinate; Effexor – Generic Name: Venlafaxine; Cymbalta – Generic Name: Duloxetine; Buspar – Generic Name: Buspirone; Wellbutrin – Generic Name: Bupropion HCl; Depakote – Generic Name: Divalproex; Eskalith – Generic Name: Lithium carbonate
The benefits of psychiatric medication treatment in reducing symptoms requires ongoing compliance with a medication plan and open communication with the prescribing physician. Often these medications are used in combination and require careful monitoring by the prescriber. Not all treatment plans will require the use of medications, but if it does, it is important to work closely with your prescriber to assure the best outcomes. Don’t forget to tell your psychiatrist or nurse practitioner about your health conditions, current medications and supplements currently being taken. Be sure you are informed about the new medication, how it works and potential side effects to look for.
At Behavioral Health Solutions, we have psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners who employ evidenced-based treatments to help assure a treatment plan that their patients are comfortable in following. We offer virtual telehealth services directly to home or office via HIPAA compliant telehealth services on your personal phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. With virtual telehealth services, you can easily access the care that you need. There is no travel required and privacy is securely maintained.
Take the first step toward a brighter future and get more information.
Contact BHS at 702-608-1976 or bhs.health. We have appointments available now!